The Scorpion XXL borrows the name from one of Kyosho's legendary racing machines, and it incorporates some scale features that made the original car popular. The original Scorpion has earned its place in history as one of the most significant cars of its time, and the new Scorpion XXL is built to do the same using modern design, smartly chosen scale and a brutally powerful drive system that takes advantage of the latest Lipo and brushless motor technology.
The Scorpion XXL is a brand new concept from Kyosho – a monster size 2WD Buggy (630mm/24.8 in. long) with a scale body design and a modern power system that makes this an all terrain beast. The key is its size - a large size vehicle which is not too big but just the right size. The Scorpion XXL is roughly 20% larger than a 1/8 racing truck (ST-RR Evo) and is about 15% smaller than a 1/5th scale car. This size is perfect for running on a typical 1/8-scale track - no need for a specially designed track. Additionally, it allows the use of a 4S Lipo/brushless power system, which is exceedingly powerful for the Scorpion XXL, but not nearly as expensive as the 8 to 10S power systems need to move the much heavier 1/5-scale machines. The cost of batteries for a 1/5 vehicle alone might be enough to buy this whole car! So, the performance is awesome (even better with an optional 6S compatible ESC) it's right at home on the typical 1/8 track, and the cost of operation is much more reasonable than a 1/5-scale.
The Scorpion XXL looks good. Of course you might expect us to say that, but 'scale' is trending as one of the most popular features of modern RC vehicles, and the Scorpion XXL brings home that timeless scale appeal of a desert racing buggy with a real roll cage, a driver figure and even some rear pod bodywork. It's as functional as it is attractive with side vents that direct cooling air over the ESC and motor, the roll cage actually protects the body, and the running lights can be fitting with a BRIGHT optional LED light kit that features 7 high-intensity LEDs per light for action after dark. A number of aftermarket accessories will also be available to customize the appearance and enhance the performance of this machine.
The Scorpion XXL is targeted towards bashers, scale enthusiasts, and club racers. It doesn't really matter what perspective you bring, you can get some serious fun from this machine. It's hard not to like its practical and economic approach to find tracks and minimizing the cost of operation, but all that even seems to go out the window when you pull the trigger. The only thing you risk after that is breaking too big a smile.
• Monster size chassis : The biggest in the Kyosho Line
• New Team Orion Brushless system(Water Proof)) : Vortex R8WP ESC with a monster can Vortex Seven High torque motor designed and tested for the Scorpion XXL. Enough power to do wheelies! 2S-4S compatible system.
• Smart Battery Tray Design : Adjustable bed tray allows to fit and secure various types of battery packs.
• Scale body : Aero body with roll cage and driver, lights and working air vents.
• Flip top body design : With 4 body clips off the body swings open for easy maintenance.
• Super big-bore shocks : Larger and thicker than truck shocks with 4mm shafts for intense all terrain action.
• Big Sand Super high grip tires are mounted to wheels that are compatible with 1/8 racing truck tires.
• Heavy Duty Drivetrain : Bullet proof drivetrain with slipper clutch and all-metal gears in the transmission.
• Gull-wing type front suspension :More stroke and efficient damping for tight corning capability.
• 3mm high grade aluminum chassis with double wall chassis brace.
• Mid motor configuration : Race Bred chassis design
• 1/8th size (17mm) hex hubs
• Working side cooling vents
• Heavy duty side guards
• All Hex Screws
• Sealed Rx compartment
• Waterproof, high-torque, high-speed steering servo
What is a Ready Set?
A Ready Set is a fully assembled model that includes nearly everything you need to run. Body Color scheme is complete so only consumables like batteries and 2S - 4S Li-Po battery is required so you can start operating the model without delay. *Note: For use with 2 pack setup an optional Y cable is required (Deans Type Plug).
Ready Set Contents:
Factory Assembled Chassis
Pre-Painted Body with Decals
2.4Ghz Syncro System (KT-201 & KR-200)
KS201 Metal Gear Servo
Required For Operations:
4 AA Batteries
2S-4S Li-Po Battery Pack *Note: For use with x2 pack setup an optional Y cable is required (Deans Plug Type).
Li-Po Battery Charger AC/DC *Note: DC type chargers will require a power supply.
Length: 630mm (24.8in)
Width: 402mm (15.8in)
Height: 244mm (9.6in)
Wheelbase: 452mm (17.7in)
Gear Ration: 16:1
Weight: 4400g *approx
Kyosho Black Scorpion XXL VE Brushless RC Remote Control Buggy
- Product Code: 4548565209071
- Availability: 2
- Ex Tax: £456.79
Tags: Electric, Brushless, Pro, Cars, RC Electric Brushless Pro Cars, Kyosho, Black, Scorpion, XXL, Brushless, Remote, Control, Buggy, Kyosho Black Scorpion XXL VE Brushless RC Remote Control Buggy buy in